The doctor must diagnose the cause. It takes a history and a complete neurological examination of the patient. It also uses some laboratory tests such as x-rays, MRI, and neurophysiological testing.
Before using muscle relaxants and analgesics, the doctor should try to find ways of gentle treatment, except in tough situations.
Instead of muscle relaxants and analgesics, an alternative is the use of natural substitutes and analgesics.
- Boswellia serrata derived from an Indian tree. Acids These can improve blood flow to the joints. Used as a cream.
- Devil’s claw – Horpadol Arkopharma. Herb has come from South Africa and has been used for hundreds of years. It is effective in fighting inflammation – such as arthritis and muscle aches.
- Cats’ claw – Uncaria tomentosa or otherwise Una de Gato – helps reduce pain and inflammation.
- The willow bark also acts as an analgesic for pain, inflammation, and fever.
Other alternatives are the use of natural herbs and lotions. By generating heat in specific pain points.
- capsaicin-containing pepper, which, together with Chili, has a very potent effect (On the market in cream or gel form)
- Massage with herbal oils such as chamomile and spatula
- Diet with anti-inflammatory properties like ginger also has antioxidant properties
- Curcumin is a potent natural anti-inflammatory
- Flaxseed and linseed oil, where O3 fatty acids is also a potent anti-inflammatory.
- Calcium and Vitamin D.
- Colostrum helps develop and correct bone formation and regeneration.
An additional suggestion from doctors, depending on the patient, is to control and reduce body weight so that the spine does not strain.
The use of dietary supplements and combinations of them have beneficial effects. Hyaluronate – MSM – glucosamine, and chondroitin, naturally lubricate the joints, and regenerate the articular cartilage.
The combination of collagen with chondroitin also benefits arthritis and joint problems.
Another method of Alternative treatment for neck pain is ”cold” and ”hot”. With the onset of pain, compresses with cold water or ice wrapped in a towel have the potential to stop inflammation. Once the pain has calmed down, you can apply local heat (with a warm cloth or warm shower).
Other suggestions to treat neck pain alternatively:
- Herbs – and oils – creams and cures.
Also, in TOUI, NA (Chinese healing technique). Instead of acupuncture, we use pressure and massage methods in specific areas and areas of the body. This way, we balance the energy channels that flow in the body.
In this way, we accelerate the regeneration of the muscle tissue, the joints, and the tendons.
The doctor may also recommend anti-inflammatory, analgesics (painkillers), muscle relaxants, antidepressants, physiotherapy (with ultrasound, massage, physiotherapy, or electrotherapy ).
In rare cases, such as intervertebral disc herniation, neoplasms, injuries, and so on, surgical repair may be required.
Surgery is used only in dire situations.
- Cervical microdissection, fusion, plaque, and screw fusion.
- Injections (injections into the neck If done by a qualified doctor they can provide instant relief)
- Transdermal Therapies with local anesthetics. Transdermal discectomy and viscoplastic can offer an immediate solution in a small invasive way.
Instead of surgery using the neural filtration method, we use a new approach. This method is called nerve infiltration. With the ultrasound method, without surgery safely and straightforwardly.
This non-surgical method takes 5 minutes and can relieve pain for months or even years!
It offers all the surgical methods of nerve filtration but does not need to hospitalized, has no use of radiation, and the patient within 20 minutes is ok. This technique prevents muscle, nerve, and vascular injuries. This method is well-known in the USA and Western Europe. Finally, the cost of treatment significantly reduced.
A new modern method of physiotherapy seems to be of great help to all those suffering from musculoskeletal problems. Many call it the twenty-first-century physiotherapy.
This machine focuses on the cause and not just the symptom. So it tries to correct the cause. With this machine, we can see the problem, since it can diagnose with the examination. Is the purpose of the pain. There are currently hundreds of tools in USA 1, Sweden, and 1 (WWW.FYSIOTEK.GR) in Greece. Also, this machine is widespread in Japan.
This method uses no radiation at all and is a method with no side effects. This machine cannot help cancer patients with spinal cord tumors. It also cannot be used in patients with fractures, pregnant, and with osteoporosis above 45%.
Also, in the same technique (FYSIOTECK ) is decompression.
This technique is an advanced system for conservative treatment of degeneration and intervertebral disc herniation. Controlled traction causing decompression. Reduce disc size and reduce pressure on the nerves.
Treatment is only carried out by qualified medical personnel. It chooses the parameters on the machine’s computer, performing proper traction, and according to the damage, the significant weight, and the age of the patient.
They are not used for 45% osteoporosis, pregnant, aortic aneurysms, rheumatoid arthritis, fractures, and spinal cord tumors as in patients treated with spinal implants.
FYSIOTEK stands out because it can evaluate and analyze joints and spine in a unique and innovative way.
So the patient does not undergo new tests that cost time and money.
FYSIOTECK accepted by courts and insurance companies in the USA.
Of all the above critical points is the proper diagnosis of the condition and then trying to resolve if this can be done with mild remedies.
The osteophyte in the neck
If osteophytes have not developed osteoarthritis, then their treatment may be conservative and may include the following therapeutic methods:
- with medication: non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Although movement can worsen symptoms, specific exercises and techniques by the physiotherapist can help reduce pain with its treasure flexibility and strength
Finally, the only doctors who can recommend appropriate treatment, as well as accurate diagnosis, are the specialists.
Let’s not forget that Prevention is the best
Neck pain treatment
In our daily lives but also when we work out. If we deal manually with something, for example, to lift any weight, strengthening the body, protecting us from future risks of injury and pain. Before any method of treatment prudent, everyone can contact the specialist so that they jointly take protective and treatment measures.
Treatment is proportional to the condition and symptoms. The doctor may recommend anti-inflammatory, analgesics, muscle relaxants, antidepressants, and physiotherapy. In rare cases, 9 in certain circumstances such as hernia of the intervertebral disc, neoplasms, injuries, and so on ) may need surgical rehabilitation.
The most important thing is prevention. (see Article on prevention).
For those who already suffer from neck condition, they must pay the necessary attention.
- Avoid currents as well as abrupt changes in temperature.
- Avoid mental tensions because they increase muscle tension resulting in pain.
- Work out properly when we don’t have cervical seizures.
- If we suffer from cervical syndrome, we should avoid sports that have contact, conflict, the intensity of movement (football, tennis, etc.).
- We do not keep heavy bags on the shoulder or hands.
- We use comfortable work seats.
- Exercise: Too many options for activities, which will strengthen the neck muscles.
As an exercise choice, we recommend nudity that improves the range of movement. Increasing the elasticity of the neck area, performing specific elasticity exercises, and throughout the day. In the morning, during the solutions at work, before bedtime, and so on. In any case, the run-in time is minimal. When we feel pain, the mild distension with anxiety do not persist and stop performing the exercise.
If we have experienced pain for the first time: and a severe accident has not caused the pain. The pain is likely to be treated with rest and mild remedies as an example with massages, cold, and hot pads in combination with muscle relaxants and painkillers.
In the list of the best treatment options offered and included, are massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, neck mobilization, low-level laser therapy, and anti-pain and inflammation medications. Injections with corticosteroid drugs and surgery should only discuss in dire situations.
The medicine should it used as a last resort. Neck collar treatments and ultrasounds don’t set up. They often need a combination of treatments for patients to find relief. If surgery is suitable for our condition, then we should see relief and treatment after 2 to 4 weeks.
We believe that we should look at the problem of the neck holistically. The way we live, the sport we perform, the stress, the age, the sex, and even the weight of the patient and his diet play an essential role in the burden on the neck and treatment.
Also essential is the cooperation of medical specialties such as orthopedics, neurologist, neurosurgeon, physiotherapist, and even rheumatologists. That will make the best diagnosis and suggestion of treatment.
Radiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and neurophysiological testing may help diagnose the disease if necessary. The last treatment is a surgical solution. In cases such as the intervertebral disc herniation, cervical vertebrae/myelopathy. Neck fractures and spinal tumors.
Also, other treatments that help with neck diseases are meditation, acupuncture sessions, specialist massages.
Using the traction strap: Using it, we create a proper back posture, and a natural stretching for the back, and the spine